City of Arts & Sciences
After a catastrophic flood, in 1957, the river was diverted to the southern part of the capital and in the old channel, already dry, a ten-kilometer-long park was built that crosses the city center, where it is located the site of the complex, in a roughly flat topography, on the right margin of the final stretch of the old Turia river bed.
Almost at the end of the river, you will find City of Arts and Sciences, the project, designed by the Valencian architect Santiago Calatrava, was carried out for its construction in the old Turia bed.
Places To Visit.
- Stop by ALAMEDA Metro Station and walk 15-20 minutes to the Science City.
- OCEANOGRAPHIC. The biggest Sea World in Europe. You will be 3 hours in there.
- SCIENCE MUSEUM. The biggest building is a Interactive Science Museum. Nice with kids.
- GULLIVER. Great place for kids to play.
- There are two big Malls, EL CORTE INGLES and AQUA MALL, for shopping and some restaurants.
You will find many nice restaurants under the buildings out of the river facing the Science Museum.
- SORSI E MORSI is one of them (good food and italian tapas)
First Drinks after Dinner 23:00 (nice terraces).
- On the Rocks
Clubs from 24.00.
- UMBRACLE. One of the best Terraces in the city. From May till Oct.
- MYA. Electronic music down in side Umbracle Terrace. With the same tickets 2 places.
#juanhouseadvice for day and night:
- 10.00 Metro to Alameda Station, Enjoy the 20 minutes walk through the Turia gardens to the Science City.
- 11.00 Get in to OCEANOGRAFIC 3h.
- 14.00 After it, go to eat something SORSI E MORSI.
- 21:30 Get a taxi from the villa and go to have dinner to restaurant 48 or SORSI E MORSI.
- 23:00 Have a drink in ON THE ROCKS terrace or inside.
- 00.30 Go walking through the river to UMBRACLE Terrace and enjoy the whole night.