What began as a recreational area of Abd Allah al-Balansi prince, back in the 9th century – which gave it its name – and later, the place where the troops of Jaime I in 1238 began the christian conquest of the city against the arabs. Now, after years of true abandonment and marginality, it has become the focus of all eyes, refuge of artists and designers, paradigm of the modern and alternative, you will find many restaurants and bars to enjoy a nice evening and also a long night out if you are up to.
Not to much to sightsee, but a lot of coffee shops, restaurants, local art and designers stores. Also some 2nd hand clothes shops. Locals go around 18:30 to enjoy the after work beer. Main streets are Cadiz, Sueca, Literato Azorín, Puerto Rico and Cuba.
Places To Visit during day.
- MERCADO DE RUZAFA. Food Market. Only locals. Really nice. The Bar inside has great “bocadillos”.
- Artists & Designers’ studios and workshops, second hand clothes, libraries, etc.
- CANALLA BISTRÓ.Valencian chef cooking sophisticated traditional and international dishes.
- LA TASQUETA DEL MERCAT. Tapas a bit more sophisticated, good product and nice place.
- RODAMON.Good food and tapas with nice service..
- MASUSA. Good food and tapas, nice place and service.
- DANDO LEÑA. Good food for groups.
- COPENHAGUEN and MALMö. Both are references of vegetarian cuisine in Valencia.
- EL RUS. Very easy going sandwiches, cheap and lots of locals, always full, almost impossible in Fallas.
- LA CONSERVERA. Canned food, something different, nice and good. Authentic inside.
- MEDITERRÁNEA DE HAMBURGUESAS and BLACK TURTLE. Looking for special burguer place?
First Drinks or Coffee after Dinner.
- TRENTATRES GALLERY. (terrace)
- CAFÉ BERLIN.
- LA FUSTERIA.
- UBIK CAFE.
- COMIC. (terrace)
Clubs from 24.00.
- XTRA LARGE.
Going out in Ruzafa from 19.00 till whenever you want.
Take metro to Colon Station. Then 10 min nice walk to Ruzafa neighbourhood.
Book a table 1 day in advance, at around 21.30.
Go to Ruzafa around 19:00 and have a drink in a nice terrace, TRENTATRES.
21.30 Enjoy Dinner.
23.00 First Drink in CAFÉ BERLIN or LA FUSTERIA.
Yo can go home or enjoy the late night places:
- XTRA LARGE. More independent music but also cool people and nice. Closes around 3.30 am.
- UPPER CLUB and JAGGER. More fancy places , in Gran Via Maques del Turia. Closes around 3.30 am.
- PLAY GROUND (100 mts. From EXTRA LARGE), or take a taxi and go to UMBRACLE Terrace or MYA Club in City of Arts & Sciences.
Back to the villa. Taxi Stop in front of XTRA LARGE club.